I've added an awesome new Live Streaming script, be sure to check out Live TV Cafe
ABC, CBS, NBC, TBS, ESPN2, MTV, HBO, Spike...even more!
All in a dynamically changing script.
Understand that online streams may change and break. As new channels become available or as channels break, they can be added/changed remotely.
Special Thanks to SPTuck for the original TV Channel Pack script.
and to rffalcon77 for taking the time to enter all the new channels and for his help maintaining the list. and to famine for his idea on using google spreadsheets for channel sharing.
This is a beta version but seem to be very stable.
You can also create your own custom channels by setting up a google spreadsheet. Instructions:
1) You will need a google login, see docs.google.com for this.
2) Sign in to google docs @ docs.google.com
3) Click [Create new] and select spreadsheet.
4) Add the following field names in row 1 (the -- and after is not part of the field name). These must be exact. Index -- Any data, name works well. Timestamp -- *Enter in the format 5/31/2011 13:00:00 Field:Name -- *The channel name Field:URL -- *The page url of the video player (flash or silverlight currently) Field:Temp -- Is this a temp stream? Yes/No Field:How long -- If temp, how many hours to display in script Field:Genre -- *Used as the folder name TV, Movies, News etc.. Field:Thumb -- URL of a thumbnail picture, blank for none. Field:Dead -- Is this a dead link Yes/No Field:Provider -- *Used to set certain player attributes. SeeOn, JustinTV, Other etc..
5) Save the sheet with any name you like.
6) Click the sharing drop down box on the right of the screen.
6a) Select Publish as web page.
6b) Select sheet1 as the sheet to publish
6c) Check the 'Automatically republish' check box
6d) Click Start Publishing button
6e) From Get Link dropdown select RSS.
7) Copy the link created. (Bottom box)
9) Paste this link into the user options box in PlayOn/TV Channel Pack 2
10) Be sure to add some new channels to the sheet. (* marked are required)
11) Restart Playon
12) Using you client device, open TV Channel Pack 2 and look for your new channel.
13) If you get no channels now then you may have omited a required piece of info for the video, Mispelled a field name (Check caps) or there is some type of data in columns to the right of the fields you just added (delete and columns to the right of the required fields)
the adds for all the channels suddenly went from the GMC or Resolve one to this carls jr commercial that is minimzed on the top of the screen. However, the audio is still teh GMC or Resolve commercial one. once the carls jr. video/other commercial noises are done, the actual channel sound comes, but no video. the screen stays at the end of the carls jr commercial with a huge white background.
Tried restarting and everything. any ideas?